Math, Men, & Mission
(M-Cubed) Summer Academy
Coming June 2020
This is an algebra-intensive program is intended to:
1. Increase the number of African-American males enrolled in upper-level math classes.
2. Increase the number of African American Males who complete algebra and/or geometry by 8th grade.
3. Provide a rigorous pre-algebra curriculum that is enhanced by instructional approaches to address the learning styles of African-American males.
4. Build healthy relationships between the student, his family, and school.
5. Establish a systemic support system for program participants to realize more challenging academic successes. This will include mentoring support and parental coaching.
High School Scholars Program
The program highly encourages academic success and rewards outstanding achievement with college scholarships and smaller awards like invitations to the University of Virginia athletic events and other attractions.
The members affiliated with this program are commemorated and honored with a scholarship recognition event such as a breakfast, luncheon or dinner. We frequently bring in important guest speakers at these events. Past speakers include the Former University of Virginia Head Football Coach Mike London and Former Athletic Director Craig Littlepage.